Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My dreamland University!

A letter to the president of My dreamlands university, Oxford!
The range of Oxford university’s popularity and fame is too wide and spread so you cannot find anyone around the world that don’t heard even though the name of oxford for just one time.
Before all, lets accept my apologies because of the weak linguistic knowledge that may disturb you. Of course you realized that I am not an English native guy and even I am not an English speaker and actually you know that the language is depending on the feelings you would transform and if you aren’t able to send your feeling and believes through the words, it may cause to the cultural differences and even great misunderstandings. I tried hard to alienate you my desired concepts in a comprehendible way but pardon me if I am not successful because it is my greatest problem in contacting with abroad countries and …
I know your University for years and owning on of the red seats of humanities department was one of my greatest unreachable childhood wishes. I always thought about living in Oxford, studying on it and so other far desires.
Surfing your website and reading the latest news was one of my daily habits. Even I dreamed a lot about being in Oxford… I know that I can never prosper in this way. Although I know a little in English, Duetsch and Italiano but I think that it is not enough for an Oxford student. It seems that each of your students are a great intellectual and genius in their own place.
I am 16 years old of age and I heard that some international laws and regulations are to reduce the legitimacy of youths and under-18 people’s social activities…
Anyway, I wrote this letter to you despite in I know that maybe it would return no answers ever, but now I feel that I am writing for the inhabitants of my dreamland Utopia so I have not any bad sense.
I am Kourosh, 16 years old. Maybe my email would be filtered if I write the name of my country, or even you will stop reading it right when you discovered when I live… I live in the greatest prison of journalists… I am living in the prison of speech freedom and… an ancient Asian country that holds the oldest civilization of the world, but now is the first-degree enemy of peace and justice…
In this country that even deprives its citizens from using 128kps and higher speed Internet and tries its best to filter the website of global news agencies, I learned four live world languages. I translated a book that was published when I was 11 years of age. I wrote more than 1500 articles in national and international magazines and newspapers. I gathered the title of world’s youngest journalist after the announcement of international association of journalists and writers and “reporters without borders”…
I was been elected for dozens of literary prizes and now I am a freelance writer of Washington Post. I am in a place that all of my successes are personal and nobody helped me to reach them.
I was the first teenager Persian fellow whom his articles were been published in the most authenticated magazines…
I learned to design websites, and then I reached two silver medals in national contest of technical skills in Information Technology field…
It was so interesting and wonderful for me when I heard that you would offer the honorary doctorates and the other possibilities for gifted and talented personals around the world.
I want to be in touch with you, to hear from you and let be heard by you. I want to send you my articles, maybe you would publish some of them on your website… maybe you will let me to hold an interview with the president and publish it in “Financial Times”, “Daily Kos” or “Washington Post” that I write for them.
I want to become great and greater so maybe I would become one of your honorary doctorate candidates. Totally, I want to become one of your friends! Now I am studying on the 3rd grade of Mathematics in a governmental college in my homeland and next year, I would take an exam to go for a technical university.
It was very enjoyable and happy moments for me to write about what is going in my heart and mind. Perhaps we will meet face-to-face once a year, but maybe my hairs are white then…

Sincerely Yours
Best wishes

4 comments:

Yucky Mummy said...

Dear Kourosh, I hear you!
I hope you make it to Oxford. It is indeed a dreamlike place. I did not study there but I have been there and I imagine it would be a truly inspiring place to study.
I came across your blog in a search connected with my son's blog. It is www.worldsyoungestblogger.com. See what you think - byt please forgive him as he is only 3!

s.zarrinkelk said...

i never thought that some one would be so more passionate about oxford than me
p.s if you make it to oxford (well i think you will) can you go to my dear prof j.r.r tolkien's grave
thank you

David said...

I have never heard that Oxford was an excellent school for the training of journalism students, but it is certainly one of the most famous universities in the world. If it is your dream to go there to study, well then try hard to realize that dream. If you are not accepted for undergraduate studies there, then earn your Bachelors degree somewhere else and then apply again to Oxford for graduate studies. Perhaps you could earn a Master's degree there. I hope you will hear back from the president of Oxford.

Anonymous said...

Dear Bro, I need not to say u're a talented young dude, with impressive high aspirations, as a compatriot i felt cell by cell , what u tried to imply, but for me passions are almost funny things , try not to build ur future on passions cause it's a doddering foundation for your vigorous mental establishment.by the way trust me british educational system is absolutely in conflict with ours , I 've tasted it.nice from the far and far from the nice, check out americanized systems, like USA & Ca in north America and sweden in Eu.

Best wishes: Mahyar